Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Crown Molding Week 2 (The Main Floor)

With the upstairs complete I moved to get the molding into the main floor (foyer / Living room / Breakfast Area). The crown molding that was originally  in this room was larger than what I had bought for the upstairs. Back to Home Depot to get the correct size. The larger crown of course doesn't come in a contractor pack so you have to pay full price for this stuff. At 1.75 a linear foot it was 3 times what I payed for the bulk contractor crown. I would have used the smaller stuff on the main floor but the old crown left a seam where it had touched the wall. SO we could have either wasted 2 days sanding the wall flat or get the bigger crown. The bigger crown won!


Have I mentioned that I just love my Nail gun. This would have been a really ugly job without one.

No comments:

Post a Comment